Monday, December 6, 2010

I Tried, but Had No Self Control

Yesterday I attended a function, a ballet of sorts.  When I arrived camera in hand expecting to experiment with movement and low light I was disappointed to find out no photos were allowed.

Now, I have been in this situation before and talked my way into taking photos without flash so it would not distract the performers.  This time, not so much.

I went to my seat high in the balcony ready to watch the beautiful display of physical feat and eye popping colorful costumes, keeping my camera to myself.

Sitting high above everything I had a difficult time seeing the pageantry on display.  Oh, I thought, I can use my camera as binoculars.  Great idea I thought to myself, so I did.

But then, then, well as hard as I tried, I just could not control myself.

Not when I saw this


or this


Oh my, how do they do this?


or this one



I've started I might as well continue...



or how about this one?  Poetry in motion...look at that movement how could I not?


Yes, I broke the rules.  Yes, I felt badly about it.  Yes, I love the photos.  Yes, I would tell kids not to follow my lead, to have more self control then I did...Yes to it all...So learn from my indiscretion, and enjoy the photos in the meantime.


No comments:

Post a Comment