Saturday, June 12, 2010

Woman's Best Friend

As I lay in bed last night my thoughts turned to those whom I have loved much and who have gone before me.


When this happens I get this ache deep inside me that cannot be expressed in words. It just aches.


I hid my face in the book I was attempting to read and started weeping softly.


As I was weeping my boxer, Sugar Baby, crept closer to me.  And snout to face, she reached over and gently licked the tears streaming from my cheek. Looking at me with those big soulful eyes she has full of concern for her person.


When I put down the book and turned off the light she snuggled in close  and stayed there for most of the night.  Returning to her usual place at the foot of the bed, when she knew I was going to be okay.


Even writting this now I am tearing up at the tenderness and the intuititiveness of my pup and how thankful I am to have her.








This is why she is called Woman's best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment